livin' life

livin' life

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Summer has begun!







It's hard to believe it is April and we are slapping on the sunscreen. Amazing!! The past couple of weekends have been fantastic....summer written all over them!! This past weekend was a special one because my cousin Margot was in town and we were able to spend the day together. I took her out for a Kayak and it was so nice to paddle around and catch up. We put in the twins off of Bear Creek campground...a really nice little spot that is about 10mins from our house. Cam and Ty came with us and took off on a hike from there while Margot and I paddled around. Apparently it was a great hike and they found a really nice waterfall there as well. I can see that we are going to spend some time there this summer!!

I am training to run a half marathon with some friends in my neighborhood. On Sunday we did a 10km run and then ended up having a spontaneous block party!! It started with just the two girlfriends I am running with & Cam ( he fits in like one of the girls!! haha) We were all sitting in Gina's back yard and all feeling a little too lazy to cook dinner so we decided to go in on ordering pizza together. Then one by one our group started to grow until there were about 30 of us!! It was great..I can say I have never lived in a neighborhood quite like this. I love it!! The kids had a blast and we all sat outside until it was almost dark. If it wasn't for the fact it was a Sunday night, and there was school in the morning, I'm sure it would have gone late into the night. Such a great group of people!

Today was back to swimming lessons for the girls and Tylin's first experience with soccer. It is a group of 3 & 4 year olds and they do some little drills and learn the basics of the game...ending with a scrimmage at the end. So invision this....Two set of flags about 20 feet apart from each other....Tylin has the ball and leads the kids on a HUGE FIELD WIDE circle...no where near the flags....all the parents yelling THIS WAY...THIS WAY....as this little herd if kids chase him. Okay so that is the stage....I am in hysterics laughing on the sidelines!! Then one of the other boys catches up to Tylin and kinda bumps his shoulder as he tries to take the ball from him.....My thought immediately is OH NO...WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO. Tylin takes a sideways glance at this kid and shoulder checks him....but the kids still stands and is taking off with the ball....so Tylin two hands this little unsuspecting boy and pushes him to the ground! TYLIN!!!!! NO!!!!! What am I going to do with this kid!! He did stop and turn for a brief moment to look at the boy on the ground...almost a like he felt a little bit bad....but the thought lasted only a second. I started in on Tylin....( so the other parents could see that at least I was sorry if nothing else!) Then the coach yells to me it's okay mom! Tylin hears this and thinks the coach is telling me that it's okay,...he's allowed to push!! Tylin thinks "RIGHT ON" & heads straight for another kid and shoulder checks him too!! TYYYLINNNN!!! This time though he gets tripped up and falls in the middle of the pack...getting trampled slightly and of course starts to cry. So now I am on the field trying to calm him down, and tell him that he can't push....all the while getting "but the teacher says yes"!! I finally convince him that isn't was the coach was saying, and send him back on the field just in time for a little boy to score in front of Tylin. Tylin drops to the ground and begins to whail.....I LOSED!! I LOSED!!! I couldn't help it...I had to laugh!! It was just too funny.....our little Tylin!!! I think next time I'm going to have to bring in reinforcements!!

Well it's raining now....which is great to get some moisture in the ground. It's time to put the munchkins to bed.
talk again
Love
the Adventurers

No comments:

Post a Comment