I am now sitting down for what feels like the first time today. I can feel the muscles in my legs saying a unanimous Ahhhhh. Just a recap first of all...yesterday was ski lesson day with the local cross country ski club. The girls are off and running and have been out a few times now, but this was the first go for Tylin. He is in the bunny class. The plan was that Cam was going to be in the lesson with Ty to help him out, the girls each in their lesson, I was going to go for a snow shoe, and then when Ty finished I would wait with him until the girls were done a half hour later and Cam would take then take off for a short ski. Sound confusing! Well of course all did not go as planned. We arrived to a packed parking lot and started pulling out the gear only to notice that we were missing 3 poles. Off to a good start! So I helped everyone get going and took off back home to get the poles. By the time I got back to the hill Tylin was just about done...no snow shoe for Shawna. ( no worries really I had gone the day before anyhow) But as I arrived I could tell that our little Tylin was on his last breaths. He was slipping and sliding and saying...."I just wanna go home!" Well I managed to cheer the boy up and had him hanging on to my snow shoe while I pulled him around on his skis. I have to admit he is a cute little "bunny". Cam got his ski, the girls had a blast, and Ty ended the day with a smile. All good things.
This morning started with a skate down at city park. Again Ty was struggling. He wants so bad to skate....but doesn't want to have to go through the learning process. I honestly don't blame him at this point. We've thrown him in the fire with swimming, skating, cross county, and downhill. This year is one big learning process for him. "I just want to be BIG!!!" was the statement he repeated over and over each time he fell. Poor little dude!! I promised him that I would bring him back every weekend so we could practice....but the underlying clause for him was that I had to go buy one of those "push around learning things" that he saw the other kids with. I gotta tell ya, I'm not the greatest skater either and between Tylin and my hilarious attempts trying to hold him up and the girls grabbing on from time to time I myself just about hit the deck a time or too. Maybe I should get one of those push around things too!!
When we came home I started in on cooking some home made soup for lunch and another batch of homemade buns. We have decided to cut the sugar (or at least minimize it) as I am starting to suspect that Taylor might be reacting to it. I figure we can do a little experiment and see how it turns out. Not a bad thing for all of us to try. A nice start to a healthy new year. After lunch Ty went for a nap...the girls got kicked outside again....and I continued with my baking and finally getting some of my pictures copied to disc. Then before I new it, it was dinner time....salmon and homeade pita pizza loaded with veggies and the kids settled in to watch a movie while I did the zillion dishes. This brings me to now....a moment to sit, relax, and get ready for another round. Soon it will be time to go pick up Cam from work and get all the kids ready for school in the morning and off to bed.
Well....I hope you day was a good one!!
Talk soon
The adventurers.
No comments:
Post a Comment