livin' life

livin' life

Thursday, January 14, 2010

2010!!






HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2010!! Doesn't it sound so futuristic!! I think we were supposed to be flying around in hover crafts and wearing silver spandex suits at this point. The rule out in BC is you are no longer allowed to talk on a cell phone in your car unless you have one of those hands free thingy-doos. You know the contraptions that you just put in your ear and make you look half robot. I think that maybe is the next thing....that those things will be permanently imbedded in your ear/head and you really will be half robot!! I feel so left behind with all that stuff....my work just got me a blackberry and I'm just trying to figure out how to answer the thing when it rings!!

Well I know....I am sooo far behind in this blog already......the holidays were NUTS...but fantastic! I think we are finally getting caught up and back to a point that doesn't feel quite so scrambly. We really loved having everyone out here...it was great to not only see some familiar faces we miss...but it made our house feel more like home. Plus the bonus of the dump of snow we got....which made it really great for everyone to head out and enjoy the mountains!!

Our Holidays were filled with skiing/snowboarding, great food, a few good laughs, (thanks Darren!!..you always pull through and take one for the team! haha!), friday night family nights, saturday morning dance parties and more than enough chances for the big kids to play with the little kids. The girls had their first ski lesson at Big White. They did AWESOME!! By the time they went they were mastering the bunny hill with a great snowplow and the ability to turn....(however convincing to actually slow down enough to turn was another issue!) Anyway, Cam and I were waiting for them at the ski school to pick them up. We looked up to see our two little munchkins ( & the instructor) hop off the chair lift and ski ever to casually down to us...NO PROBLEM....(I still get nervous getting off the chair lift!!) Anyway they proceed to tell us that they want us to follow them to the runs that they were doing. SURE!! Cam and I give each other a flabbergasted sort of look....like REALLY...THIS IS SOOO COOL!! So we follow them with strict instructions that we are to stay behind and go where they go. I'm thinking okay...this is going to be like a bunny hill run...but still so enjoying that sense of we have reached another stage of freedom....another activity we can add to the list of family outings! So I am following along, digging my camera out as we go to try and mark this date down in the history books. All of a sudden the girls are heading towards the trees...I"m getting nervous now....what are they doing?!?...closer....closer.. I get a glance back from the girls to make sure I'm following...I yell out "where are we going??"...."in here mom!!" They took us on a downhill trail through the trees...WHAT!!! They just bopped along, all casual like, up and over the little blips and valleys like no big deal....meanwhile my arms are out as WIDE as they get....my snow plow is HUGE...and all I can think of is I am going to crash and take my kids out with me!!! Are you kidding me!! My girls just took me through the trees after their first lesson....I'm so LOVING THIS!!! I think I was more excited then they were!! Lets do that again!!! Cam and I were stunned...and so incredibly happy!! A magical moment that just made our world!

Now it's on to another year....so what's your new years resolution?? You know life is funny that way. We always seem to wait for those moments to start again...clean slate....fresh start. Why is it that we always start something on a Monday morning instead of a Wednesday afternoon?? Does it really matter??? I know it's not the day of the week, Mondays are no easier or different than tuesdays....when we are on holidays we don't even think of the days so we know the name of them really means nothing. So it must mean that really it's all our state of mind....that's it....just us and what is in that wondrous head of ours. We wait for a day, or a time, a moment, some special reason to set ourselves straight...to set our priorities and refocus. So what will refocus you in 3 weeks from now.....another Monday??? What about in 3 months from now....spring is coming.....will that spark your reasons to stand up and take notice of yourself?

My wish for 2010 is that each day...whether it is a Monday or Thursday....I remember why I am alive. Why I am living here in BC....and how it feels to LIVE. Whether I am hiking in the mountains or playing cards with my kids, that I take advantage of the moments and relish in the fact that I am here to experience it.

I wish you all a year full of magical moments!!!
LOve you
The Adventurers

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    WOW !!! What a Blog!
    Great Images. Tylin looks as if he needs Papa to take him for a toboggan ride instead of a ski run.
    Enjoy the day!
    Love
    Grandma and Papa
    (who are refocused)

    ReplyDelete