livin' life

livin' life

Saturday, January 16, 2010

family day!!





I slept in till 9am this morning!!! Wow...that hasn't happened for a REALLY long time!! The best part was I opened my eyes to gorgeous blue skies and my girlfriend on the phone asking if I wanted to go for a run along the lake. This is going to be a GOOD day!

The weather has been incredibly warm lately...feels like a manitoba June at times!! The snow in the valley has been replaced with grass...spots of it even green. It really is hard to believe it's January and just weeks ago we were getting dumps of snow. The run along the lake was beautful...Gina, Terry & I could not get over how wonderful it was to feel the sun on our faces and the sights of the snowcapped mountains towering over the lake. So nice!! It felt so good to get out....and we were not the only ones...there were people everywhere enjoying the amazing day.

When we got home, Cam had the skis packed and we were off to Crystal Mountain for an afternoon ski. Dylan opted to hang out at Gina's house...and she missed a good one. The view was incredible and it was soooo warm. I found myself getting mesmerized as we road up the chair lift. The mountain air, spectacular view, the heat from the sun on my face, and the feeling that this is the life....it all just seemed to lull me into complete contentment. I looked over at Taylor to see her peering out from her goggles...half asleep. I knew exactly how she felt and I was so happy that we could give her the experience.

Well Cam should be home soon....he was off to swim with his masters club tonight. The table is set....and dinner is ready. The end of another wonderful day!

talk soon...Happy Belated Birthday Tracey!!!
Love The Adventurers

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!!!!!
    It is so nice to hear you guys having a wonderful time. Seeing you embrace this opportunity is truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete