Hello all, time is flying by...hard to believe it's almost February. However February brings the Olympics to BC and we are all pretty excited. This is the first year that the girls have shown any real interest and they are very excited. At school they have both been doing class projects on different participating countries, and they have had guest speakers in ramping up the excitement. The girls have even made up their own Olympic game to play at home. This week we had the torch come through and the kids were so ecstatic!! I was so busy taking pictures of them, and trying to capture their excitement.... I almost missed the torch! By the time we left the kids were exhausted....it was very cute! It was a great night...and great to see so much Canadian spirit!
We have been blessed with our first home cooked meal by Taylor. She came home with a kids cook book determined to make supper for us. So we all piled into the truck to pick up all her ingredients....and then Cam and I were ordered to sit down while she became head chef with two trusty sidekicks. I have to admit...as soon as I saw Taylor hand Tylin a knife to cut mushrooms I could no longer sit and watch....but both him and Dylan did a great job and the salad had the smallest cut pieces of mushrooms EVER. Taylor made us roast pork with apples and salad to go with it. I was preparing to do the whole "MMMMMM....wonderful Taylor"...as I spit into the napkin routine....but she actually did a wonderful job and we all loved it...except for her that is..go figure!!
We have been up skiing to big white again....the kids are AMAZING. .its time for me to take a lesson so I can keep up with them! The mountain air always does wonders for us...a great way to spend the day together.
Well, it's Friday Night Family Night....minus Cam as he is working. So the kids and I are going to spend some time curled up on the couch with popcorn & a movie. A quiet night in.
talk soon
Love
the Adventurers
It's great to see the children watch the torch run. This what we needed in Canada. The Canadian people united behind the torch. What a feeling as we watch it cross the Nation!
ReplyDeleteAnd oh by the way ... Taylor and her helpers are welcome to come and cook for us too!!!
"EH, OH, CANADA, GO"
LOVE Papa and Grandma